Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Map and Guide















Map and Guide, mixed media on canvas, 24”x24”

I take a few road trips a year and they always include national park visits. I save the brochures as personal souvenirs and have used the map parts in previous collages. This is my first piece where I used national park guides exclusively for collage material. It’s based on the Japanese, Yosegi textile pattern that I have used as a model for previous work.

National parks have continually been a source of inspiration for my work (see the national park section at tofuart.com). This particular piece includes guides that I have saved over the years. It is especially personal as well as acting as a mixed media autobiography.

Prints based on Map and Guide are also available from Society6.

No comments:

Post a Comment