It’s always nice to have a pile of mail waiting for me in the post office. Last Friday there were quite a few gems, here are some highlights:
- Gregg Biggs at the Museum of Unclaimed Ephemera sent a zine, Concerning Eldridge, about a life lead in Detroit.
- Sagebrush Moderne repurposed one of my own postcards into a piece of valentine mail art.
- From Germany, comes Angela Behrendt’s tribute piece to the mail artist Ray Johnson.
- Not the condor, but the California Quail (Callipepla californica) is California’s state bird. StripyGoose made a cool tribute to our beloved quail that migrated all the way from the UK.
- A new oversized and stapled postcard arrived form R.F. Côté in Québec.
- A surprise envelope arrived from South Africa with mail art at ATC’s from Cuan Miles.
- Some hand-stitched grooviness from Rebecca Guyver in the UK.
- And finally, poppies and pigs from Torma Cauli in Hungary.
As always, a big thank you, and if you have been sending me mail art, keep an eye out for something in return, I have been sending out a lot lately.