Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tulip Mania on Instagram



Until yesterday I pretty much ignored Instagram.  Well not entirely, I have friends who’ve been posting their images on Facebook and Flickr.  I’ve seen some good stuff, but in most cases. My reaction is something like — It’s still a good photograph without Instagram.  People with a good eye and some talent for taking pictures have done some nice work with Instagram.  Years ago I started experimenting with a program called Painter and soon moved on to Photoshop.  I confess that I can spend hours goofing around with Photoshop.  With that in mind, I really had no interest in Instagram.  But if others are having fun with it, well, good for them.

If you saw any news yesterday, you probably know that Facebook is buying Instagram for $1 Billion.  Yes, $1,000,000,000!  How can one ignore that?  I know I am not the only one, but Tulip Mania immediately came to mind.  I felt compelled to download the app.  Alas, the user name tulipmania was already taken on Instagram.  I’ve had to settle for tulipmaniac. I’ll rarely use Instragram, but if I do, I am committed to only using Instagram to post photos of tulips.

No comments:

Post a Comment