Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Had the Craziest Dream




I Had the Craziest Dream, mixed media on canvas, 10”x10”

As I continue to expand on ideas and materials used in the 2011 Project, it’s time to works some more with old sheet music.  I repeated a pattern I started using with old maps in 2009.  The pattern is inspired by the yosegi pattern in Japanese textiles.  I then used the pattern in postcard pieces in 2012.  This time, using vintage, 1940’s sheet music I also captured the distinct color palette used in printed material in that era.  Much of my collage work is textile-inspired.  I did not plan for it, but I couldn’t help noticing that this piece has the feel of 1940’s fabric. This is the first small experiment, more to come….

In the meantime, a clip of Helen Forrest singing I Had the Craziest Dream from the move Springtime in the Rockies can be found here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment