Monday, September 22, 2014

A Block of Tofu

I love sending and receiving mail art.  And sometimes I get mail sent back to me that somehow incorporates my own work or references it in some way.  I am always delighted to receive those and quite flattered.  On Saturday I found this gem from San Francisco artist Todd Young waiting for me in my PO Box.  It is a little block that incorporates some of the postcards from my current show Collage + Landscape = Collagescapes.  Todd cut out and layered the cards creating the impression that my name, Tofu, is carved into a stack of cards.  Brilliant and a big thank you to Todd!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you like it! Every time I see any of your work, I can see your name all over it, so I figured it was about time I put that vision into reality! ...and if course, I had to put a bit of myself in there too...hence the popsicle sticks! Thanks for doing what you do, and doing so well! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete