Friday, October 2, 2015

The Curator’s Dilemma


There has been a big response to the call for pink mail art for the show coming up in Sacramento.  As an artist who exchanges mail myself, I am used to some really odd things arriving in my P.O. Box.  And I have been known to send some weirdness out into the world too.  Well, all the way from Some-other-ville, Mass. comes Jennifer Weigel’s mail art enigma. It could not even fit in the box.  A quick look at her project website and I only hope she’ll show up at the opening on Saturday, November 14th.  I can’t wait to see what sort of fabulous creation she’ll wear. 

The clipboard was mailed as is (no envelope) and the message pad arrived in a separate envelope.  The big question is, do I hang it on the wall or walk around with it so everyone knows I am in charge?  I think I’ll need a headset to match.  This is the curator’s dilemma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment