Thursday, March 26, 2020

Stay Home, Make Art – Day 10 (and get some groceries)


More gluing today but also a trip to the grocery store.  We are allowed to go grocery shopping in San Francisco.  I have changed my habits and now only shop once per week.  Both to limit my chances for exposure but also to keep the crowds down so more people can shop safely.  
Like many grocery stores, the workers at Trader Joe’s are doing a great job.  A line with every customer at least 6 feet apart snakes through the parking lot and up the sidewalk.  At the door customers are given a freshly cleaned cart or basket.   When I arrived, I counted about 50 people in front of me.  Within a half an hour I was inside.  The store did not feel crowded and I was back outside with a heavy shopping bag and full backpack in less than 15 minutes.  The store was well stocked.  If this is the “inconvenience” we have to go through to keep us all safe and flatten the curve, I am all for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment