Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Butano State Park

Butano Collagescape, mixed media on board, 8”x10”

This is another collagescape piece based on a place that I love.  The redwood forest at Butano State Park is one of my favorite city escapes.  It’s quiet and off the radar for most tourists and even locals, it often feels like my personal state park.  It’s also prime banana slug habitat.  Note the streaks of yellow added to the palette.  Like the others, this colleagscape began with a review of my earlier paintings based on Butano as well as photos from visits I have made there.  The next step is to paint the fields of color that, when dry, are cut up and reassembled into a collagescape.

Prints and other accessories of some of the images from this new series are available from Society 6.  Contact me directly regarding the originals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment