Pink Mail Art has been arriving for the upcoming show, but I also have been receiving some other great pieces in the mail, including an amazing book from Gregg Biggs, this month’s mail includes:
- Some of the wurst mail (har har) was this hand-stitched sausage from Angela Behrendt in Germany.
- The Gryphon Building on Telegraph Avenue in Oakland is featured on Fleur Helsingor’s latest piece.
- CeCe Chan has some done some seriously recycled mail art.
- A print from William Mellot.
- Some Dada Mail Art from J. Block.
- “Podium” is the title of the latest piece received from Joshua A. Dellinger.
- C. Mehrl Bennnett sent an Eye Rush Press zine and some artist stamps.
- Gregg Biggs sent a postcard of the Bad Rooster – a new stop-motion animation project he is working on.
- And finally, Gregg Biggs sent A Dispatch from the Impossible City. A handmade book of prints of modified photos of his Mission District neighborhood.
Not mail art, but speaking of books, be sure to check out Making Art from Maps, a new book that features some of my own map-themed artwork.