When you are too busy to get to the post office for a while, the reward is a box jammed with good stuff – unlike at home where my mailbox was filled most every day in October with election mailers. I definitely prefer mail art. Here are some the highlights that start with responses to the Keep the Ticket pieces I sent out last month:
- Fleur Helsingor incorporated the tickets into a small handmade book.
- Marina Salmoso used the tickets for a big piece that also used Denmark’s Hans Wegner postage stamps.
- Angela Behrendt collaged the tickets with some ghosties on a postcard – yes, Halloween is spreading in Germany.
- Mark Dean is adding paint to card with what looks like fashion ghosts from France.
- DK (Diane Keys) sent a piece with a metal ring attached that shows you can get amazing things through the mail without using an envelope.
- Pamela Gerard sent an envelope with handmade cards including some things for one of my favorite holidays – Día de los Muertos.
- Samhain Saluations arrived from Maureen Forys.
- Adrienne Mason sent a card from Canada that includes the new Canadian Halloween Postage Stamps (see here).