Saturday, June 2, 2018

A Visit to Orange, California

 




The first time I was in California I was just 11.  We stayed with friends in Orange, California near Anaheim. Years later I found myself back in Orange today.  The draw was Chapman University.  As a mega-fan of the great Huell Howser, I have been wanting to visit the California’s Gold Exhibit and Huell Howser Archive.  It was, of course, Amazing!  They might need to borrow the portrait I did of Huell.
Close by is the university’s Hilbert Museum. I spotted this smallish museum online.  I am so glad I discovered this one.  They have an excellent collection of California art.  The current exhibition is from the archives of the Automobile Club of Southern California featuring work commissioned for the covers of their member magazine including some fantastic Maynard Dixons that I had never seen before.  The Hilbert Museum is only a few years old, but it now has a place on my list of museums to visit when I head south.

No comments:

Post a Comment