It’s been a hectic summer having opened a large show last week. I haven’t been able to check the PO Box for about two weeks – I finally got up there today and was not disappointed. All sorts of notes, cards and mail art treasures were waiting for me. A big thank you to everyone who sent them out. It’s time for me to make some mail art and start responding. In the meantime, here a re a few favorites:
- Adrienne Mason sent down this large collaged card from British Columbia. More of her work can be seen at toughcitywriter.blogspot.com
- Jennifer Utter was celebrating National Ice Cream Day. Isn’t that every day? It is for me.
- Marina Salmaso sent this big measuring card – fun on both sides from Denmark.
At first I saw Rebecca Guyver’s piece and thought, hey this looks like I did it. Of course Rebecca wrote that I inspired her – I’m flattered and love it.
- Dori Singh’s card is great from both sides.
- Carolyn Oord (aka Kerosene) sent a something soft and fuzzy made with denim and bleach that arrived from Québec.
- Mark Dean’s latest card arrived from France last month and it’s been on view for a few weeks – I just realized the patterns are actually above views of cups and saucers.
- A little handmade book from Phyllis Lucas-Haddon arrived from Santa Fe. I’m starting to get quite the collection.