Sunday, February 24, 2019

Berkeley Museum Fun




Like a moth to a flame, I saw the photos online from Masako Miki’s Matrix 273 and had to BART over to Berkeley to have a look.  Some wonderful wackiness.  I half expected Pee-wee Herman to jump out from behind one of the sculptures.  There was more to see at BAMPFA  including a really good exhibit Dimension: Modern Art in the Age of Einstein. There were quite a few gems including the Calder sculpture pictured here.
I have to mention the young fellow in the background of the photo. I was right behind him and his parents into the gallery.  A deadpan voice with a touch of sass and sarcasm, he said, ”Abstract art, oh look.”   I discretely followed, eavesdropping.  He is fortunate to have cool parents who want to engage him with art.  I just wanted to catch even more of this little mister’s critique.  
I’ll be going back soon for the big Hans Hoffman  show opening this week.  You could peer over the velvet rope and peak in from the cafĂ© above the gallery, but they wouldn’t let you in — yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment