Friday, March 28, 2014

Mustard Collagescape


Pigeon Point, mixed media on board, 12”x12”

It’s the time of the year that when you head out of San Francisco you’ll encounter fields of bright yellow flowers.  If you go north towards Napa or down the coast, wild mustard (Brassica rapa) is blooming everywhere.  The San Mateo coast is always pretty, and with fields that seem to glow yellow, it becomes spectacular.  Alas, the wild mustard is another invasive species.  But, if I am to depict the California landscape for my Collagescape series, I can’t hold the mustard.  Last week it was glorious down by Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park (see photo below).   A roadside stop inspired my latest piece. Pigeon Point will be shown in my Collagescape exhibit opening in August.



No comments:

Post a Comment