Monday, July 14, 2014

Denise Laws


When I decided to include other artists in Collage + Landscape = Collagescape, I had a very general idea of what Collage meets Landscape could mean.  I had some preconceived notions of what type of work I might see submitted.  That said, I wanted to remain open and I wanted to be surprised. 
Denise’s abstract interpretation of landscape using images of human hair was exactly the type of surprise I was hoping for. The use of hair to represent terrain was unexpected, but I was not in the least surprised that Denise came up with the idea.  I always try to stop by when she hosts an open studio – and I know I will see something new and different every time.  Her work constantly evolves and explores new materials and directions.  I am pleased to be able include some of her latest work in our upcoming show.

You can get a preview of more of Denise’s work on her website.


The Collage + Landscape = Collagescape will be on view at San Francisco’s Glama-Rama Salon and Gallery at 304 Valencia Street in San Francisco.
The show runs from July 29 to September 28, 2014 with an opening reception on Friday, August 1 (7pm to 10 pm).
The exhibit will have two components:
On the main level, there will be an exhibit of my new series of work called Collagescapes.
On the upper level of Glama-Rama, I am curating a companion show of mixed media works, where the theme will be Collage meets Landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment