Back from holiday travel I returned to a packed post office box. Plenty of holiday cards including some handmade treats and the last round of 2015’s mail art. Some of the highlights include:
- Amy Irwen’s Christmas greetings that include this hand-stitched butterfly.
- A minimalist wintery piece from Julie Crossman.
- Seasonal greetings from Fleur Helsingor with an extra pink circle piece.
- A handmade, swampy holiday card from Jane Gravois in Florida.
- A miniature mailbox piece from Peggy Eigler.
- A big postcard collage from Sagebrush Moderne.
- A hilarious Tears of Macaulay Culkin holiday card from My Mail Art. This one wins my prize for best Christmas Card for 2015.
- Holidays and butterflies from Jokie X. Wilson.
- Last month I put out the word that I need some multilingual, international paint chips for a new round of mail art. R.F. Côté sent an envelope full of them from Québec. Merci Beaucoup! These will be put to good use. I must say the postage stamp did make me cringe a little. I haven’t followed hockey for 30+ years, but the Philadelphia Flyers? Oh no. I was a Sabres fan. I look forward to Canadian stamps featuring Tim Horton or Gil Perrault.
Thanks for a year of amazing mail art – now it’s time to get back to work….