November always feels like an intermission month to me. This fall’s show are hung, it’s the quite before the holidays and San Francisco is a mix of warm sunny days with intermittent rain as we wait for the real, wet winter to get its start. Here is some of the mail art that I have recently received:
- Jennifer Utter could not resist taking a photo of a spectacular sunset and turning it into mail art. You might not realize this, but for all we do have in San Francisco, an impressive sunset in our foggy city is a rare thing.
- Elaine James incorporated the San Francisco MUNI map into a Día de los Muertos card. The papel picado stamps the USPS put out this year are some of the best for 2016. I used many.
- Punkie Ebert has done a colorful zine featuring many of cultural icons.
- Jacqueline Wygant sent a small little booklet from Portland that reminds me I need to make a trip up there to once again spend the day at Powell’s.
- And a new set of awesome owl artist stamps from Darlene Altschul.